Highlight and Contour
Contouring and highlighting is one of the oldest practices in the makeup industry, yet one of the most frequently left out steps in makeup application. If applied properly, contouring creates a sense of balance and adds definition and dimension. Contouring is always some shade of brown or a bronzer. Highlighting is a luminous shade of reflective shimmer that adds gorgeous radiance to the complexion. To begin contouring, choose a shade one or two levels darker than your skin tone to create the illusion of an oval face. Dual Nature Contouring Bronzer offer impressive results. To make the forehead appear more oval, sweep Dual Nature Contouring Bronzer using the Contour Blush Brush, starting at the center and blending close to the hairline. Follow with an application slightly below the apples of the cheeks, dragging the brush diagonally toward the top of the ear. Finish with contouring the jawline by simply blending and dragging the brush slightly above and under the jawline. You’re now ready to illuminate and highlight your natural features. The Illuminant Contouring Highlighter in Golden Glow offer flawless results. Using the flat side of the Blush Brush, apply on the high of cheekbone, dragging the brush diagonally toward the top of the ear. Softly sweep the brush slightly above the contour of the brow and onto the forehead. The Deluxe Shadow Brush is the perfect tool when highlighting specific areas of the face such as the bridge of the nose and chin. End result is a perfectly balanced, beautiful and luminous finish. Have fun contouring and highlighting and remember that practice makes perfect.
Activate the Look
- Start with a tiny dab of Magnetic Eye Primer. Its luminous natural sheen brings light to the entire eye area, as well as smoothing and prepping the eyelid for color.
- Apply Pegasus Hi-Fi Loose Pigment Shadow from lash line to brow using the Deluxe Shadow Brush. Snowflake Hi-Fi Loose Pigment Shadow applied with the Rounded Shadow Brush onto the lower eyelid below the crease. Start at the inner corner blending toward the center. The Angled Shadow Diffuser Brush is the perfect tool for applying Aventurine Magnetic Eyes Shadow Solo/Satin to the outer corners of the eyes.
- Line the eyes with Ebony Gel Tech Longwear Eyeliner Pencil, following the natural contour of the upper and lower lash line, slightly extending outward. The Brow Defining Brush doubles as an angled eye liner brush. Drag the brush over the application of the liner pigment creating a clean defined eye line.
- For dramatically long lashes with extra body, finish with two coats of Raven Double Wingspan Mascara.
Dark Brown Brow Couture Styling Shadow applied with the Brow Defining Brush, defines, sculpts and fills, for fuller natural-looking brows.
- Get that beautiful after-glow radiance by lightly applying Petunia Susumu Suede Blush to the apples of the cheeks using the Blush Brush.
- A sheer sweep of Natural Beige The Eraser Tinted Diffusion Powder applied with the Perfecting Powder Brush delivers a complexion perfecting, ultra-smooth finish. Weightless and undetectable, this innovation helps to even skin tone, minimize shine and the appearance of large pores
Believe In Yourself Beige Motto Matte Moisture Lipstick, Nutmeg Lip Prefix Primer Liner Pencil and White Zinfandel HD Vinyl Liquid Lipstick is an absolutely stunning lip combination that pulls together this fresh, polished, luminous look that’s simply fabulous.